The player had to use live streaming HTML5 video with Flash fallback, multiple device support/layout and remain accessible. Quite the task in 2012 when HTML5 Video support was shaky at best.
We were briefed to:
- Work closely with the streaming developers to perfect bespoke video players
- Integrate with the space wordpress CMS
Wireframe concepts for adaptive layout
What we did
- JW Player development
- Responsive design
- Project liaison with multiple parties (Kinura, Pilot Theatre, BBC Space development team).
The York Mystery Plays live stream was voted one of the top favourite projects on the space, thanks to viewers who took to Twitter and Facebook to vote for their favourite content on the digital arts service.
- Webinar live chat modules
- HTML5 video sync slide shows
- Live streaming video player customisation